Saturday, July 2, 2011

 

EAA Chapter 88 Fly-In

Today is the annual Fly-In for EAA Chapter 88 at the Newton, KS airport. I showed up early to beat the heat and it looked like others had the same idea. It was 102 degrees F by early afternoon. There was a nice aassortment of homebuilts, antiques, and classics.  Here are a few pictures of my favorites:







An outstanding 1939 WACO Custom Cabin EGC-8










My obsession when I was 16.  My dad told me to save
my money and go to college.  When I got out, if I still wanted
one, then go for it.  One of the best pieces of advice I was ever given.

According to a person associated with this Learjet,
 it was formerly owned by Imelda Marcos.

Willie is all dressed for Independence Day,
but it was too hot for him to go.  He does look sad.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]